Monticello, Minnesota

Jason Brouwer (President) and his siding/roofing company, "The Gopher Company Inc." were summonsed to appear in Hennepin County's Fourth Judicial District Court for neglectful subcontracting of our Albertville home replacement siding, commencing in November 2005. Jason's company was contracted to replace fully, our siding, fascia, soffit and down-spout metalwork damaged as a result of a storm late in 2005.

Jason was contacted numerous times over the course of nearly four years by us, our attorneys and his employees in the hopes that the buckling siding, damaged broken window, cut down bushes, hammer-dented brick molding around an expensive door and other neglectful installation would somehow be repaired to satisfactory condition either by his company or by a different contractor. Unable to achieve the desired result, we sued his company in January of 2007. We also submitted a Complaint to the Better Business Bureau in the hope that the BBB could address the matter. However, that attempt was not fruitful.

A mediation session in relation to our lawsuit against The Gopher Company Inc. took place in February of 2008 but Jason continued to deny any liability for the damage caused by his company. He steadfastly refused to reasonably come to terms with this matter until reaching the threshold of a court trial slated for December 2008.

A few days before that trial, Jason and his company finally agreed to our financial demands as stated in our Complaint. The parties reached a settlement agreement to reflect his financial responsibility for the damage caused by his company. He signed a Confession of Judgment at that time which was later filed early in 2009 when he defaulted on the settlement terms and failed to faithfully make all of his payments. He was found liable for Breach of Contract consequently.

To seek final payment of amounts owed to us by The Gopher Company Inc., we tried several different measures to rightfully elicit money out of Jason or his company including wage garnishment but to no avail. To date, we have yet to achieve satisfactory compensation as provided in the settlement agreement signed by the parties. Jason and his company have repeatedly ignored our requests to resolve this matter even though he has signed a Confession of Judgment. Presently, there is an Order to Show Cause Hearing scheduled for early November 2009 which Jason will be required to attend. If Jason is unable to produce satisfactory financial documentation at that hearing, a Bench Warrant for his arrest may be issued.

Neither Jason nor his company representatives have ever apologized for the amount of problems they have caused us. His company has acted unprofessional time after time. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF USING THIS CONTRACTOR OR COMPANY TO WORK ON ANY OF YOUR HOMES OR BUSINESS.

Had an Experience with The Gopher Company?

Comments

Kiwibabekins
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #877618

I have this company coming out to look at my house. Is this the same Gopher in Little Canada Minnesota? I am confused???

anonymous

Doesn't make you wonder why this company is no longer licensed in Minnesota

annonymous

thanks goodness they are out of business. because of shoddy work we need a whole new roof

Legal Truth

There are 7 active judgments against The Gopher Company:

27-CV-03-021108 $4482 N C Bennet Lumber Co

27-CV-06-3247 $189,405 Dex Media Inc.

27-CV-06-3488 $2325 MP Mechanical

27-CV-06-12376 $1510 State of Minnesota

27-CV-07-10488 $17,900 Zane/Heather Petersen

27-CV-10-22430 $6686 M L Hansen LLC

27-CV-10-23506 $125 Atomic Recycling LLC

source: mncourts.gov/publicaccess

Hire The Gopher Company and you will get poor quality work. Sue them and you will win a court judgment. But you probably will not be able to collect on your judgment.

Lori Krumm

I had some windows replaced.The work was overall outstanding.

A few tweaks were needed and Jason was willing to make these repairs and stand behind his work even 4 years later. He follows through with his word and stands behind his work.

An honored guarantee is the most important thing for a consumer.This is my opinion from a homeowner that has utilized this company down in Savage MN.

CRAZY HEART

i AM RIGHT.

IJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

The FINAL Arbitor
#190683

Look at the Better Busines rating for The Gopher Company! A *** minus you dumb bunny! People will realize that you are just a scammer trying to make money even after a contractor tried to help you with your issue.

Just crawl back in your hole!

A-

Congrats Gopher Company!

Appalled
Lavallette, New Jersey, United States #175150

I happen to know Jason personally.He is a wonderful person who does not deserve any of this.

I find it impossible to believe he has done anything accused of here.I'm willing to bet that Jason was treated poorly by a home owner who was looking for someone to blaim for their own stupidity.

love you man

I also will send you pictures of they'er work. after they Voided the Warranty for BS

love you man

Before you think of using The Gopher Co.plaese give me a call, I will tell you what happen to my Family and I.

I'm NOT saying do not use the Gopher Co.

just call before you sign anything!!Dave 651-775-4401